A Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) plays a critical role in building, executing, and maintaining the overall security strategy for an organization. While businesses of all sizes and types can benefit from hiring a full-time CISO, the unfortunate reality is that many don’t have the capacity or budget to do so. Fortis wants to help your organization develop a security roadmap to maturity with our virtual CISO (vCISO) service offering. Our vCISO services include all the advantages of a traditional CISO, but with the wide-ranging security expertise of the Fortis team, the reliability of an “employee” that never takes vacation or a sick day, and the more affordable costs of a consumption-based pricing model.
Fortis vCISO engagements are tailored to the specific requirements of each organization, however most follow the cycle of assess, plan, and execute. Services include but are not limited to:
- Building a prioritized risk profile to assess the current maturity level
- Creating and directing security strategies, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Managing IT security teams
- Keeping threat intelligence up to date
- Engaging with and updating executive leadership on security strategies and initiatives
- Conducting regular risk assessments, vulnerability scans, and/or penetration tests to help uncover weaknesses in security
- Training teams and employees to recognize and avoid security risks
- Developing incident response and crisis management plans
- Ensuring compliance and governance requirements are met
While a majority of our vCISO engagements are long-term and focus on the development and execution of a security strategy, our consultants are also able to assist with shorter, more tactical initiatives as needed. No matter the length or level of involvement, the primary objective of every vCISO engagement is to deliver tangible outcomes that advance and strengthen your organization’s security posture.